Texas Hold`em poker guide: rules, hand types and tips how to win
May 21, 2020 Poker Tips
How to play Texas Hold`em pokeronline?
Texas Holdem is one of the most popular card games in the world. It attracts millions of gamblers. The game became so successful due to WSOP regular tournaments, which are held since 1971. This guide will tell you about Texas Holdem poker rules, hands order and strategies.
Texas Holdem poker basic rules and game flow
The game has several rounds with betting and adding new community cards. There is also nominal dealer called “Button”. The first and the second person from the “Button” on the left make Small Blind and Big Blind bet. The second player always wagers twice more money then the first.
On the next stage all the gamblers receive their hole (personal) cards and the Pre-Flop betting round begins. All the players have whether to call Big Blind, raise or fold. Then comes Flop. The dealer “burns” top card in the deck and then opens 3 ones that follow. On the Flop wagering starts from Small Blind player. Gamblers can call, check, fold or raise.
The last two rounds are Turn (Fourth Street) and River (Fifth Street). On each stage the dealer “burns” one card and opens one more community card. Betting rules are similar to Flop.
Here are some other things you have to know:
- The player with the best 5-card combination wins in Texas Holdem poker;
- If all other gamblers folded, the winner is the one left in the game;
- Only the best 5-card combination is counted;
- Community cards can be used by all the players.
Texas Holdem is not only the game of chance. It often requires wise strategy and right decisions.
Hand types and winning tips
Here is the list of hands from the highest one to the lowest with examples:
- Royal Flush – 10, J, Q, K, A spades;
- Straight Flush – 7, 8, 9, 10, J clubs;
- Four of a Kind – K, K, K, K;
- Full House – Q, Q, Q and 9, 9;
- Flush – 7, 10, Q, A, 8 hearts;
- Straight – 8, 9, 10, J, Q of any suit;
- Three of a Kind – 10, 10, 10;
- Two Pair – A, A and 7, 7;
- Pair – K, K;
- High card – A.
To win the game you have to use the right Texas Holdem poker strategy. It includes:
- Money management;
- Betting according to your budget;
- Using your betting position.
- Understanding your chances to win in particular round.
If you play in land-based casino, you can also use bluffing. It can be a very powerful tool, in case you can control your emotions and influence other players using different behavioral tricks. As for card counting, it’s possible but a very complicated thing, which is besides illegal in casinos.